Going to New York for the US Open was an incredible experience for me. It has been a life long dream of mine to go- I can't believe at 24 years young I can already check that off my wish list! I have never been to NYC and was blown away. Flying in right over Manhattan gave me the chills- seriously goose bumps all over! I was just awe at all the buildings- it was such an overwhelming sight. People everywhere and all in a hurry to get somewhere. *Side note I don't think I saw one over weight person on my trip- I guess that's one perk to living in a city and walking every where, makes it much harder to pack on the pounds! I met Jim and Tauni at the airport and we headed to our hotel- The Westin, right down the street from Grand Central Station. I was so happy to see them and being in New York together was so exciting for me!
The first day we headed straight for Times Square to do some sight seeing and shopping. I loved Time Square, so much energy going on in that place, I could've people watched all day.
Of course we hit up the Hershey Store.
That night we went to our first match- the mens quarter finals.
Floor to ceiling wall full of M&M's- yes please! Oh wait they're $12.95 a pound? Umm....
We at lunch in Bryant Park one day- I thought this old man reading the paper was so adorable.
That night we went to our first match- the mens quarter finals.
Novak Djokovic vs. Juan Martin Del Potro.
Seeing my first pro tennis match was awesome. Being there at night with all the lights, the silent crowd, hearing the grunts coming from the players- it was indescribable and something I won't soon forget!
Eating lunch outside the stadium. It was cool to watch all the matches on the big screen.
Tennis addicts right here!
New York Pizza! Enough said.
The Women's Doubles Final.
Rain Delay. Sadness. Frustration. Hope. Relief. Excitement.
These were all the emotions I felt after finding out that my all time favorite tennis player Serena Williams was going to be in the Women's Final and the match would be postponed a day due to rain! So after a lot phone calls made to Delta, employers, hotel rooms and some extra cash forked over we worked out all the kinks and were able to stay an extra day to see the match!
I couldn't believe it- I was going to see Serena in the Women's Final! Tauni and I were beyond thrilled to be there! The first set Serena breezed by 6-2. The next set she was hammered 1-6 and she came back to win it all in the 3rd set after being down 5-3! It was a nail bitting match- my nerves almost couldn't take it.
Yay she did it! Amazing match!! So glad I got to be there!
Right after Serena won and accepted the trophy.
Me and Tauni- so glad she loves tennis as much as me! I'm excited for all our future tennis adventures together. Can't wait to go back with her again someday!
Seeing my first pro tennis match was awesome. Being there at night with all the lights, the silent crowd, hearing the grunts coming from the players- it was indescribable and something I won't soon forget!
Tennis addicts right here!
We also saw the broadway play Newsies! It was incredible! I have always loved the movie so it was so cool to see it in New York! So good- definitely recommend it if you ever have a chance to go.
New York Pizza! Enough said.
Rain Delay. Sadness. Frustration. Hope. Relief. Excitement.
These were all the emotions I felt after finding out that my all time favorite tennis player Serena Williams was going to be in the Women's Final and the match would be postponed a day due to rain! So after a lot phone calls made to Delta, employers, hotel rooms and some extra cash forked over we worked out all the kinks and were able to stay an extra day to see the match!
I couldn't believe it- I was going to see Serena in the Women's Final! Tauni and I were beyond thrilled to be there! The first set Serena breezed by 6-2. The next set she was hammered 1-6 and she came back to win it all in the 3rd set after being down 5-3! It was a nail bitting match- my nerves almost couldn't take it.
Yay she did it! Amazing match!! So glad I got to be there!














1 comments:
Ok, is that your sister? My sister's name is Tawny!!! Also, my sister and I grew up watching/LOVING Newsies. Another thing you and I can cross off the "same" list!
Post a Comment