September 26, 2011

Our First Vistors


Jason's parents came for a visit last weekend! We had so much fun and I can't describe how wonderful it was to be with family! We have both missed our families like crazy.
It was a quick weekend trip, they came to attend Jason's White Coat Ceremony. We had the best time! On Sunday we headed up to Kirtland, Ohio to see the church historical sites. I have never been to Kirtland and  I seriously loved it! Jas and I read a book about the history of Kirtland just recently and I have to say it made the trip that much more of a spiritual experience. Having the knowledge of what happened there fresh on our minds made us appreciate Joseph Smith and all the sacrifices he and his family made that much more.  I love this Gospel and am so grateful for my membership everyday, it was good to be reminded of that in Kirtland!


We visited the Newl K. Whitney store- so much happened here for the progression of the church





One of the sister missionaries at Kirtland, she was from England and was so adorable!




Outside the huge green doors of the Kirtland temple. 




We also visited the John Johnson farm, I have to say that was my favorite part of the trip, so much history happened here and I felt the spirt so strongly I was brought to tears. Loved this place!


Outside the Johnson family home. This is the first place Joseph was taken from by the mob and tarred and feathered.










We had the best time! The day couldn't have been better nor the fall weather more beautiful! We miss Jim and Lori so bad and wish they could have stayed longer. They totally spoiled us rotten while here and we just don't deserve all goodness they give to us!  Love you guys!

1 comments:

Grandma Cindy said...

COngrats Jason on your white coat ceremony!! I've been following your posts and have enjoyed following all the new stuff in your lives. What a fun time you had with Lori and Jim. We miss you but want to wish you the best in the weeks and Months to come! XOXO from Utah

Post a Comment