From Utah to Ohio it was a 5 day, 1,516 mile, 2 white cars, 2 yellow walkie talkie's, 1 stop in Cheyenne Wyoming, 1 stop in Des Moines Iowa, 1 stop in Chicago Illinois, 1 stop in Indianapolis Indiana, 3,000 dollar, 27 hours in the car later drive.
Ugh, I'm tired just thinking about it.
Jason and I used a trucking company called ABF-U Pack, they drop the truck off at your house and then you pack it up and they drive it out for you (highly recommend this).
So after all of our awesome friends and family came to help us load up the truck, Jason and I headed up to the BL cabin one final time to say goodbye to his family -- we had said goodbye to mine already :(
We hung out for two whole days, boating, playing games, laughing, and crying.
Just never wanting the weekend to end.
Just never wanting the weekend to end.
Of course we ate at Cafe Sabor...
And I thought Jason was going to die when he had to say goodbye to sweet little Duchess
Saying goodbye to our families was so hard for me. I pretty much cried through the entire state of Wyoming.
Long story short we found out while in Bear Lake that our trailer had accidentally been picked up a day late and would not be in Columbus when we were to arrive on Friday. We now had a few extra days and time to kill so, turning lemons into lemonade (all thanks to the wonderful Lori Hyde, she is the best!) Jas and I ended up scoring a night in Chicago at the awesome W hotel and got tickets to a Cub's game!
Ever since I was little, one of my favorite movies has been Rookie of the Year. I love it. I have it memorized word for word. Brooke and I spent many a night staying up way to late to watch that movie, laughing every second! Baseball is also one of my most favorite sports to watch so it has always been a secret dream of mine to go to a Cub's game, I was thrilled.
Driving into Chicago however was the absolute worst. We were each driving a car remember and that city is so huge! I thought for sure we would be separated from each other. Thanks to my mad driving skills and Jason leading the way we arrived safe and sound. Parking in Chicago is also the absolute worst. We had to pay 50 bucks per car to have them put in the hotel parking garage, I wanted to puke. But we were in Chicago and it was amazing!
You may have now realized I haven't mentioned any of our other stops along the way and that's simply because they aren't worth mentioning (except seeing Mel, David, and baby Jayne in Iowa!!!)
Seriously, you couldn't pay me to live in the Mid West. Corn fields upon corn fields......and that's pretty much it. I love our country, but after driving through it I've realized that Utah is the most beautiful state hands down, and in my opinion the people who have never seen the mountains, real mountains, simply haven't lived.
So glad that's the state we call home.
Jas and I had the best time in Chicago, it was so relaxing and fun, just the break we needed on that long boring drive.
We ate at Gino's East and had our first deep dish pizza, it was amazing. Somedays I wish I had two stomach's so I could just keep eating.
Later that night we hit up the Cub's Game! They were up the whole game and lost in the 9th inning!
The next morning we took a river boat tour of the whole city.
It was a great way to see all the cool buildings without walking our butts off, plus it was a time saver since we had to check out of the hotel and continue our journey.
The architecture was very cool, I could have done that tour all day and been happy.
The famous Willis (former Sears) Tower
We had to leave Chicago too soon! There was soooo much that we just didn't have time to see or do, guess we'll just have to make a return trip someday!
Jason's friend Lane is attending Dental school in Indiana, he was so great to let us stay a night with him. One our way down to his house we decided to stop in South Bend and see Notre Dame!
(Notice the beautiful bride and groom, it was such a pretty day to be married)
When we arrived to Ohio they were apparently in the middle of a heat wave with recored breaking temperatures and 100% humidity. I tell ya moving in with those conditions is something I never want to do again. You would literally step outside and be soaking from head to toe in a matter of minutes. I wanted to turn right around and drive straight back to Utah, it was so awful. But things have definitely cooled down now and Jas and I have had tons of fun here exploring our new city. Columbus is a busy place and there is always something fun to do. We sure miss home but are so grateful to be here for the next four years. We love our new condo AND our guest bedroom is up and running so come and visit us soon!!









1 comments:
Chicago is amazing! I hope you're loving Ohio. I miss you like crazy!
Post a Comment